Two's Company...Three's a Crowd!

It was getting a little crowded in here. I’ve copied most of my StitchPoet information onto a blog all its own. I will still continue to post photos of the stuff I make here on ChampagneMaker and I’ve created a little blog with everything I have a crush on to share what inspires me. It’s called CrushParty and if that’s not enough inspiration for you, it overflows into CrushCuldeSac on tumblr. I save inspiring knits @ CountingStoneSheep. It’s where knitters go when they can’t sleep! I also blog for Rooney Robison Antiques and have created an Antique Interior Style File with beautiful interiors on tumblr. I mostly PIN recipes, but you can find me there too!


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Extra Baggage!


My friend Page (we go way back to Middle School!) came to our Monday night hen party toting a big ol' fuzzy, green, felted "samsonite" and annouced "HELP" when she waltzed into the room. Yikes...it had these long brown felted handles tied in a knot and a super long loop to catch her beautiful horn toggle. The toggle was the only thing going for this felted project. Of course I said, "Page! hahaha gimme that thing, I'll fix it!" Honestly it took me forever to get to it (sorry Page), but I had a ball once I gave it a "haircut!" (Page, why didn't we take before pics!)


After I trimmed all the wild fuzz away (not a fan of the fuzzy felting..break out a razor!), I immediately cut the long handles off! GONE! Those were bad. I used hemp to wrap the top edge to give it some shape and hide where I sliced off her handles. Tied the long toggle loop in an overhand knot to shorten it up a bit and added some handles from my stash. The animal print is just a bit of free-form needle felting and we decided one side was enough. 


I lined the bag with fabric left over from PrettyStuff's apartment and gave Page plenty of pockets. I added a covered, firm bottom to the inside. I don't like a droopy bag. 

Thought y'all would enjoy seeing the end product
and it might give you some ideas for any unfinished
felting projects gone bad. 

I love the way this turned out!
Love you Page!

7 comments:

Knit Picky said...

Whoo hooo, love this bag! Looks like a girl's trip needs to be planned. Give the bag a test drive Page!

designchic said...

wow...this is beautiful!! Love the interior too ~

reeve said...

LOVE this!

RachelleAtkins said...

Beautiful work! And you are a very good friend to do that!!

Alvera Photography said...

Very well made photos. I am a pro photographer and I salute your talent. My photo blog is here. Enjoy and have a nice day!

ChelleC said...

That bag is adorable. How do you think of these things? Very creative improvement. You are a true bag fashionista! ChelleC

ChelleC said...

That bag is adorable. How do you think of these things? Very creative improvement. You are a true bag fashionista! ChelleC

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails